I’ve been promising it for months now. It turns out that publishing my short story is almost as emotional as giving birth, but scarier since the latter was done in private but this story will be available for the whole world to read. Not that the whole world wants to read it, though that would be nice. (After all, it’s better written than the 50 Shades series.)
As I mentally prepare to take this step, what am I doing to prepare for the big day? Like every good Type A person, I have a list:
10. Waiting for my George Clooney cardboard cutout to be delivered. (So much better than a poster.)
9. Editing and re-editing. (I know I need to stop.)
8. Watching my favorite George Clooney movies. (Out of Sight and One Fine Day provide perfect eye candy and background noise.)
7. Imagining what will happen if this story goes viral. (Otherwise known as the fantasy where I meet George Clooney on the Daily Show.)
6. Imagining what I will do if this story doesn’t go viral. (Would it mark the end of my short-lived writing career?)
5. Planning what I’d wear if I knew I was going to meet George Clooney. (Sort of pointless since I’m sure I’d go shopping.)
4. Working on the sequel. (I’m half way done already, so you won’t have to wait long to see where the story goes next.)
3. Working on a full length novel. (Because what better way to procrastinate the task at hand than to start a new project?)
2. Dreaming of becoming a screenwriter. (Could this be my true calling?)
And the number one thing I’m doing in anticipation of release day is planning the party where I’m going to invite you all to come celebrate with me, guilt you into paying the 99 cents I’m going to charge for it on Amazon, and since there isn’t a way to sign an e-book, let you pose for a picture with my cutout Clooney.
I promise, no paparazzi will be there.
4 thoughts on “countdown to Clooney”
I’ve got Clooney fever! I’m loony for Clooney! Let the world (and George) see your greatness!
I’ve got Clooney fever! I’m loony for Clooney! It’s time to let the world (and George) see your greatness!
I have a friend who totally needs that Clooney cutout. Cardboard George is better than no George at all 🙂
what? no paparazzi? i’m not coming. also, post the damned thing already! i want to download it!